How the QuickBooks Point-of-Sale Integration Works
Here’s how the integration works:
- You install the qbpos extension just like any other WordPress Plugin.
- Generate a WebConnector Key file from the extension’s webconnector tab
- Load it into the QuickBooks WebConnector on your desktop
- Map your QuickBooks Point-of-Sale settings in WooCommerce and off you go!
After you establish the sync between QuickBooks Point-of-Sale and WooCommerce, once orders reach a completed status, they’ll automatically be sent to QBPOS as a Sales Receipt. Similarly, once setup, on-hand inventory and pricing will be pulled directly from QBPOS and updated on your WooCommerce shop. Just think of the time-savings for updating qty on-hand and pricing on your website. All of this information is seamlessly synced using this extension.
What you need to get started using QuickBooks POS Integration
- QuickBooks Point-of-Sale – version 8.0 or newer. Unfortunately, this extension does not work with the FREE version of QuickBooks POS v10.
- QuickBooks Point-of-Sale Company File – this might sound silly, but you do need to have a Company setup in QuickBooks Point-of-Sale for the integration to work. So, if you’re just getting started, take a few minutes to get QuickBooks Point-of-Sale setup properly and then connect it to WooCommerce.
- QuickBooks Web Connector – this is a cool program that lets QuickBooks POS and WooCommerce talk. If you need to download it, you can get it here:QuickBooks WebConnector (it’s FREE) .
- A PC – Right now, the integration only works with QuickBooks POS running on a PC (that means Windows) because QuickBooks Web Connector isn’t available for Macs