Just released today is the official QuickBooks integration extension for WooCommerce. WooCommerce is one of the fastest growing shopping cart plugins for WordPress, and we’re extremely happy to have just released verion 1.0 of our extremely powerful QuickBooks connector for WooCommerce. If you’re using Woo and QuickBooks, this extension is a MUST HAVE!. Gone are the days of having to rekey order info into QuickBooks or struggling to keep your online inventory up-to-date. Instead, now you can just setup our handy little plugin and it’ll do all of the work for you and you can focus on growing your business and your brand.
How the QuickBooks Integration Works
Here’s how the extension works:
- You install the extension just like any other WordPress Plugin.
- Generate a WebConnector Key file from the extension
- Load it into the QuickBooks WebConnector
- Map your QuickBooks settings in WooCommerce and off you go!
After you establish the sync between QuickBooks and WooCommerce, once orders reach a completed status, they’ll automatically be sent to QuickBooks as either a Sales Receipt or Sales Order / Invoice / Payment. Similarly, once setup, on-hand inventory and pricing will be pulled directly from QuickBooks and updated on your WooCommerce shop. Just think of all of the time and money saved by not having to manually re-enter data between the two.
What you need to get started
- QuickBooks Desktop – right now, the plugin works for QuickBooks Desktop (v9.0 or newer), but if you need it for QuickBooks Online or Point-of-Sale, let us know and we’ll see what we can do.
- QuickBooks Company File – this might sound silly, but you do need to have a Company setup in QuickBooks for the integration to work. So, if you’re just getting started, take a few minutes to get QuickBooks setup and then connect it to WooCommerce.
- QuickBooks Web Connector – this is a cool little program that ships with QuickBooks and helps us let QuickBooks and WooCommerce talk. If you need to download it, you can get it here: QuickBooks WebConnector (it’s FREE) .
- A PC – Right now, the integration only works with QuickBooks running on a PC (that means Windows) because QuickBooks Web Connector isn’t available for Macs.